Posted the 31st day of January in 2011 by Riley.
Casio has announced a new series of BLX-100 Baby-G watches that feature a tide graph. This new G-Lide lineup is aimed at women that like surfing and other water sports. This new design seems to be inspired by the G-7900 G-Shock series. These will be going on sale soon around the world.
|Casio Baby-G BLX-100 G-Lide Watches|
Casio's Press Release:
Casio Releases Baby-G Watches Ideal for Water Sports
New G-Lide Watches Feature Water-Resistance up to 200 Meters and Tide Graph Function
TOKYO, January 27, 2011 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd., today announced the release of new Baby-G shock-resistant watches for women—five BLX-100 models in Casio’s G-Lide lineup, which is optimally designed for use in extreme sports. These five new models are equipped with a tide graph function and water-resistance of up to 200 meters.
The BLX-100 models are equipped with a tide graph function, which graphically displays tide levels for a specific date and time. With these features, in addition to 200-meter water resistance, the BLX-100 models are perfect for women who enjoy the thrills of surfing and bodyboarding.
The BLX-100 models are not only highly practical for water sports; their design also features reference to the ocean on every part of the watch. A wave with ocean spray is depicted inside the tide graph display. Parts of the face use a metal material to radiate like the glittering reflection of sunlight on seawater. Along with that, four protective parts, molded in a pyramid shape, have been placed around the watch face to accent the overall design of the watch.
Four models in the BLX-100 series come in colors that represent the changes throughout a day at the beach: white suggests the beach sand in the morning; blue represents the color of a beautiful sea; red symbolizes the setting sun; and black and pink signify the dreamy light of dusk. In addition, Casio is offering a special edition model finished in a striking combination of Rasta red, green and yellow. These five colorful models in the BLX-100 series are so hot they may even outshine the sun at the beach.
|Black & Pink BLX-100-1DR|
|Rastafarian colors BLX-100-9DR|
- Construction Shock-resistant
- Water Resistance 200 meters
- Tide Graph Tide level for specific date and time
- Moon Data Moon age of the input data
- World time 48 cities (29 time zones, daylight saving on/off)
- Stopwatch 1/100-second; measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99”; measuring modes: elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times; 5-second countdown auto start
- Countdown Timer Setting accuracy: 1 minute; 24 hours maximum per set; unit of measure: 1 second; auto-repeat, time up alarm, progress beeper
- Alarm 3 independent multi-function alarms (2 one-time alarms and 1 snooze alarm); hourly time signal
- Other Functions Full auto-calendar; 12/24-hour format; button operation tone on/off; flash alert (flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signal, countdown timer time up alarm, countdown timer progress beeper, and stopwatch auto start)
- EL backlight with afterglow
- Approx. Battery Life 3 years on CR1616
- Accuracy at Normal Temperature ±30 seconds per month
- Dimensions 44.8mm × 42.3mm × 13.6mm
- Total Weight approximately 41g