My G-Shock Feedback Forum » Feedback

2009 Releases?

1. roadraider

Glendale, Arizona US

What's coming out this coming year? I hear Frogs are going extinct. Sad news. Casio needs to replace the big hole the Frogs leave with something cool. I'm wanting them to redo the wademan w/ the compass! Any other dreamers?

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Riley

Philadelphia

A new Wademan would be cool. Who knows what the Frogman line will do. I think it's due for a major update.

I'm sure we'll see more Riseman variations. The Mudman has also been really popular, so there should be lots of those. And there will of course be lost more limited edition 5600 models.

I wish they would revive some of the classics like the DW-002, instead of putting out so many new high-end analog Gs.

Here's two that have been sort of announced for 2009:

http://mygshock.com/2008/11/20/new-whix-x-g-shock-dw-6900-announced/

http://mygshock.com/2008/10/31/surfrider-x-g-shock-collaboration-sneak-peek/

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. roadraider

Glendale, Arizona US

Riley,

Thanks for the links. I'm brand new to the "G Shock" club, but I've dived in head first. I'm on 5th G with a recent purchase from the "bay" of a 25th Anniversary Dawn Black Frogman. Cannot wait to get it on! I guess we might have to wait until the 30th Anniversary before more great watches like that come out.
    On another note, is your id photo a dw400j? I just bought one (wearing it as I type). Your pic looks like it has gold accents, is that right? Does your thermometer read the temperature as too warm? Mine seems quite a bit off, even off the wrist for a few hours. Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Yeh I would definately want to know whats out in 2009. So I guess we'll see it on the mainpage's news, and check older news. I'm also new to G-Shock Club.

The new MT-G looks awsome, and also new Wademan should be nice. Does anyone know why they don't do G-Cool anymore?

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Riley

Philadelphia

roadraider said:

On another note, is your id photo a dw400j? I just bought one (wearing it as I type). Your pic looks like it has gold accents, is that right? Does your thermometer read the temperature as too warm? Mine seems quite a bit off, even off the wrist for a few hours. Thanks!

It's a slightly modified GW-400J Silencer. You can see more pics of it here:
    http://mygshock.com/2008/03/11/black-to-blue-silencer/

There's no gold accents. It's not the best quality pic. I never use the thermometer really because you have to take it off for a while to work properly. It does work fine, but it takes a while for the body of the watch to reach the temp. of the air around it and get an accurate reading. It should eventually work, but maybe you can calibrate yours?

ElectroFox said:
    Does anyone know why they don't do G-Cool anymore?

I don't know. Casio has discontinued lots of great lines. Maybe they'll bring them back one day?

Posted 12 years ago #

You must log in to post.