My G-Shock Feedback Forum » Feedback

"24" CTU Model

1. roadraider

Glendale, Arizona US

Anyone know where to find this watch:

http://watchaday.blogspot.com/2008/07/non-stop-g-shocks-g-shock-dw-5600vt-ctu.html

I saw it on this blog and would love to get one! I've never even seen the TV it is based off of, but really like the look. Let me know if anybody can find one. Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Riley

Philadelphia

This one was a limited edition Japan-only release a couple years ago. They didn't make very many of them and they're long sold out at all the retailers. I think your best bet might be to look on the Yahoo Japan Auctions. I've never seen one on eBay for sale. I wonder how much these sell for now...

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. roadraider

Glendale, Arizona US

probably not cheap. I guess that's the cost of just starting a collection. That's the reason I pulled the trigger on the Dawn Black Frogman...I didn't want to have to pay a ton for it later and regret not getting it cheaper. I guess I'll just keep an eye out. Thanks for the info. You do a great job of helping out!

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. roadraider

Glendale, Arizona US

Hey Riley,

What is the difference between a dw-5600 and a dw-5700? They look to be the same watch, just w/ differently shaped bezels. Is that correct? Thanks.

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. Riley

Philadelphia

roadraider said:

What is the difference between a dw-5600 and a dw-5700? They look to be the same watch, just w/ differently shaped bezels. Is that correct?

Yep, that's the only real difference. There's the old model 5600s and 5700s with screwbacks and newer ones with four screw backs. You can usually swap the bezels between them all if they have the same module. The 5700 models tend to be the rarer of the two.

Posted 13 years ago #

You must log in to post.