My G-Shock Feedback Forum » Feedback

G-2000 manual

1. hi guys.. im in a bit of trouble.. My bro bought me a new watch yesterday.

It says G-2000 and a module no.2161 at the back.
    I searched for a manual for it in the internet but i figured out that the watch looks pretty different from the one shown in websites
    check it out

look at the upper half of the dial..

can any of you please help me with a manual for my model. appreciate that..
    Thanks a lot..!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Thomas

Germany

Hello!

I'm not an expert: I guess it's Fake-G-Shock. But better you wait for other peoples comments.

have a look here

This looks a bit similar to yours: DW-8700-1 Module 1548

can you post 2 *big* photos: 1 front + 1 back ?

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Riley

Philadelphia

Yes, I hate to give the bad news, but that looks to be a fake G-Shock. The photos are kind of small, but the LCD just doesn't look right.

Unfortunately, there's lots of fakes out there, and it can be hard to tell the differnce if you don't have many G-Shocks already. Ebay is full of them, and I've even seen fakes at my local mall.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. I hope this doesn't dissuade you from getting more G-Shocks.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. thanks for hitting back guys... anyways its a gift.. so i dont care if its a fake or not.. but can u guys help me with the manual please cause i want to turnoff the alarm and hourly beep..!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Riley

Philadelphia

djyshak said:
    but can u guys help me with the manual please cause i want to turnoff the alarm and hourly beep..!!

Sorry, but there's not really any support documentation that I know of for these. They're technically illegal, so no company is going to do much online for them.

The real G-2000 has a 2161 module. You can download the manual for it and see if the watch's functionality is similar:
    http://www2.casio.co.jp/manual_pdf/wat/en/pdf_search.php?MODULE=2161&submit.x=35&submit.y=13

You can also lookup manuals for other modules on that site. Sorry we can't be more helpful.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Riley said:

Sorry, but there's not really any support documentation that I know of for these. They're technically illegal, so no company is going to do much online for them.

The real G-2000 has a 2161 module. You can download the manual for it and see if the watch's functionality is similar:
    http://www2.casio.co.jp/manual_pdf/wat/en/pdf_search.php?MODULE=2161&submit.x=35&submit.y=13

You can also lookup manuals for other modules on that site. Sorry we can't be more helpful.

thanks man..

Posted 12 years ago #

Tags -      

You must log in to post.