My G-Shock Feedback Forum » Feedback

How much does it cost to replace the capacitor in a solar G-Shock?

1. GWR

Hi guys,

I have a G-7210 that has started losing charge, especially overnight. I'm told that the fix is a replacement capacitor, but that this has to be done by an official Casio service centre, it's not something that can be done by a garden-variety watch shop.

Does anyone know roughly how much this will cost? I can't get an answer from any of the watch shops I've visited, and if it's going to be expensive, I think I'd probably prefer just to buy a brand-new watch.

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Riley

Philadelphia

Have you tried changing the battery? If it's a problem with the module it might not be worth repairing.

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. GWR

I thought G-Shock Solars used a capacitor instead of a battery for storing the charge?

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. Riley

Philadelphia

The Tough Solar models have a battery too, but it's just a different one that's rechargeable. I believe your model uses a CTL1616.

You could try doing it yourself. Check out the wiki for some information on how to do it:
    http://mygshock.com/wiki/Change_a_Battery

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. TicTocJoe

San Francisco

Leave it in direct sunlight 5 full day.Be sure to check that you're not over-charging by feeling the backplate for extreme heat.I revived an old solar that way without replacing the rechargable battery.

Posted 13 years ago #

You must log in to post.