My G-Shock Feedback Forum » Feedback

strap clip

1. Where can I purchase spares of the little plastic band 'clips' (keep the band from mving about). With my last 2 gshocks this has been the first thing that goes)

Thanks.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. Riley

Philadelphia

I think you would have to buy a strap to get the official part. I don't think Casio has a separate part number for it. Others have used other things to hold the strap though.

I've never had a problem with my strap holders wearing out. Maybe some are more susceptible to it than others?

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. not so much wearing out but splitting.

In Aus they quoted upwards of $45 + post for a new strap so instead I brought a new gshock for $75 all up from the USA - good for me as I get a nice new watch but really I'm replacing a watch because of what would be a 20 cent part.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. Riley

Philadelphia

Yeah, it's not really worth it sometimes to order the official part. I wonder what Casio would do under warranty service?

You could always get one with a metal strap holder or make your own.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. Watch is 5 years old so out of warranty I would think. I like the resin band as a knock about watch which also ends up being a work watch so has to look ok.

Will have to start popping into the watch/jeweller shops to see if anything is suitable in their box of odds and ends

5 years of service from the G2300, hopefully will see the light of day again.

Posted 14 years ago #

You must log in to post.