My G-Shock Feedback Forum » Feedback

Won't turn on.

1. I have a AWG-M100B g shock and I left it under a lamp to charge faster because it was low on charge. I came back and it was really hot and the LCD screen blacked out. After a day it lost all of its charge and wouldn't turn on again. What did I do wrong and what should i do?

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. Riley

Philadelphia

It sounds like it got too hot. I have heard of that happening and then it working fine after cooling off and the LCD returning to normal. I guess it could cause permanent damage if it got too hot for too long though. There's not much you can do but wait and see if it starts working again. I don't know of any way to fix it if it was permanently damaged.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. Yes, its been under the lamp for about 20 minutes. the LCD never returned to normal. I was just wondering whether or not this can be fixed, or do i have to buy a new watch?

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Riley

Philadelphia

Repairing it might mean having to replace the entire module. Casio doesn't usually separate the parts into separate pieces. And the entire modules tend to cost almost as much as a whole new watch. You could try sourcing the part from a used watch. I don't really know of any other alternatives.

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.