From G-Shock Wiki | casio watch resources
Click edit to contribute information to this page. We need your help to improve this wiki. Thanks!
This is one of the longest continually produced G-Shock models. It uses the same bezel as the DW-6900.
Features and Specifications
- Shock Resistant
- 200 Meter Water Resistant
- EL Backlight with Afterglow
- Daily Alarm
- 1/100 Second Stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99"
- Measuring Unit: 1/100 second
- Measuring mode: elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown Timer
- Measuring unit: 1/10 second
- Countdown range: 1 minute to 60 minutes
- Auto-repeat function
- Hourly Time Signal
- Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2039)
- 12/24 Hour Formats
- Accuracy: ± 15 seconds per month
- Battery CR2016
- Approx. battery life: 2 years
- Module 1199
- Dimensions: 48.9 x 42.8 x 13.4mm
- Weight: 54g
- Retail price: $80 USD
This model has consistently been one of the best watches I have ever owned. I used to work in an environment that would destroy any watch in about 3-6mths. Since I bought my first one of these when I was 16, I now get 8-10yrs out of it instead. Consistently the most reliable and most rugged.
- 1994 MTV Europe Berlin special edition, model number DW-6610. The EL would show the MTV logo and the G-Shock writing on the bezel was yellow not red. There was also a MTV logo on the strap.
- Black band with silver metal buckle - Casio part #70614266
- Case back gasket: part #74210703
- CTL1616 battery: part #10065657
Other compatible models
Miscellaneous and Trivia
> The DW-6600 has been a popular choice with military personnel around the world, due to it's low price, useful functionality and extreme ruggedness.
> In Season 2 of the hit tv series 24, actor Kiefer Sutherland sported a DW-6600.